Coastal Physiotherapy in Maroochydore on Queensland’s beautiful Sunshine Coast has developed a Fit 4 Golf program for golfers of all abilities.
Fit 4 Golf is an innovative health and wellness program for golfers. This program is a first for the Sunshine Coast and has been developed by our Principal Physiotherapist, Paul Marshall, at Coastal Physiotherapy. Download Fit4 Golf Brochure here.
What is Fit 4 Golf?
- A new way to improve your golf fitness and ensure the longevity of your game.
- A tool to ensure you can play and practice longer without your swing breaking down.
- A proactive approach to the management of preventable conditions.
- Fit 4 Golf is a 4 step golf specific physical assessment and rehabilitation program, tailored to your needs by an experienced physiotherapist.
“The program has resulted in pain free golf, with no need for pain killers. I have also been very pleasantly surprised with the increased flexibility” Testimonial by S.E. (Fit 4 Golf participant)
Did you know?
- The lower your handicap, the higher your injury rate.
- Male golfers have more back injuries, while female golfers have more elbow/wrist/hand injuries.
- On average, each chronic injury causes golfers to lose five weeks of playing time.
- Mature players are more likely to be injured while playing golf.
How will you benefit?
- Early detection on the cause of your aches and pain.
- Learn specific stretches and strengthening exercises to protect high risk injury areas.
- Tailored treatment offered to correct muscle or joint imbalances.
- Increased flexibility can improve your swing and thereby reduce your handicap!
- Improved enjoyment on the golf course.
- Remember: without sufficient muscle and joint flexibility, it will be hard to improve your golf, even with professional lessons!
Fit 4 Golf fees: Comprehensive assessment $100; Follow up sessions (usual 1-2 sessions) at standard physiotherapy treatment rates.
Read more about Fit 4 Golf on Coastal Physiotherapy’s blog – “Anyone for golf?”