Coastal Physiotherapy offers clinical Pilates in Maroochydore on the Sunshine Coast. Uniquely, our Pilates training is performed by a qualified Physiotherapist.
Do you want to…
- Improve your posture
- Reduce pain and safely manage an ongoing condition
- Increase your resistance to sustaining injuries
- Improve general health and wellbeing
- Improve functioning in all daily activities
Then Pilates from Coastal Physiotherapy is you for you and is suitable for all ages and all abilities, and reflects our motto of: “Getting you better faster, and keeping you better longer”. Pilates will reward you with enhanced body awareness and is the perfect exercise to support all exercise goals and will improve your posture, strength, balance and flexibility.
What is Pilates?
Pilates is an exercise method which aims to improve core (mid-section) stability through the activation of specific muscle groups and correct posture. These exercises develop muscles which create a “brace-like” hold around the spine and pelvis, thus protecting the body from injury.
Clinical Pilates can be of benefit to people suffering from:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Hip and groin injuries
- Pre and post natal women
- Poor posture
- Sports injuries
- People with no pain or injury for general wellness
Why choose us?
There are many different types of instructors and locations offering Pilates on the Sunshine Coast. By choosing to attend Coastal Physiotherapy, you are choosing:
- A qualified physiotherapist with Pilates training
- The ability to confidently determine any biomechanical or muscular inefficiency that may be impacting your ability to perform exercises
- Educate you in relation to what each exercise means for your body and your function
- Ability to tailor your exercises to your body type, your skill level and fitness ability
- If have an injury, you can be confident that the choice of exercise is safe and injury appropriate
- An excellent understanding of the different levels of exercise.
Too often, instructors who are not experienced in human anatomy will provide exercises that are too challenging for people, which can result in injury.
Why would I benefit from a 1:1 assessment?
An initial 1:1 assessment is extremely beneficial before starting a home based Pilates program or joining a Pilates class. This allows the physiotherapist to complete a musculo-skeletal screen and medical health history. In addition, the physiotherapist will work with you on a 1:1 basis to teach you the foundational exercises required in order for the exercises to be of benefit and enjoyable.
Pilates will be of little benefit if not done correctly, and it is not possible to do it correctly without first learning the basics.
To schedule an appointment, please call 5443 6634 or book online through this website.
Following your initial assessment, if you feel like you would benefit from additional sessions 1:1 with the physiotherapist, you can continue to attend for 30 minute sessions with our team at Coastal Physiotherapy at regular treatment costs
- Initial Assessment $89 – includes assessment and home pilates program
- Subsequent 1:1 Consultations $79
Pilates aims to keep you strong, flexible and injury free to allow you to continue living life to the full! Book now on 5443 6634 or click on the “Book Now” button at the top of the page.